The project developed a methodology and a universal tool for M&E of grant projects in the following areas:
- effectiveness (compliance of project activities and achievements with planned activities and indicators);
- efficiency (compliance of activities with established procedures, requirements, and rules);
- barriers (challenges faced by organizations during the implementation of projects and ways to address them).
Held monitoring and evaluation of 84 projects implemented by NGOs with UNDP grant support, mainly in eastern Ukraine (Donetsk, Luhansk, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia regions). In particular, the evaluated projects focused on improving public safety, strengthening social cohesion, improving access to justice, developing police-community interaction based on partnership, combating domestic and GBV, mitigating the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic, etc.
Based on the results of the monitoring visits, 84 reports were prepared. The experience gained during the project implementation was summarized in the Consolidated Report. Recommendations were developed to improve procedures and processes in implementing grant projects, including for grantee organizations and UNDP. Recommendations for UNDP included:
- more detailed instructions for grantee organizations on all stages of project implementation – from setting objectives, planning activities, and setting indicators to evaluating project success and preparing a report;
- improving standardization and monitoring of grantees’ compliance with established procedures;
- providing information, methodological and expert support to grantee organizations during project implementation.