The project «Mobilization of internally displaced women for addressing domestic and gender-based violence» is aimed at strengthening the role of Ukrainian women’s community in ensuring gender equality and women’s rights. The project became a response to the current issues associated with military aggression in Ukraine. The primary objective of the project is to empower internally displaced women by drawing public attention to the problem of domestic and gender-based violence; ensure organizational, resource and educational support to the women’s groups interested in the implementation of measures to combat violence; significantly improve capacity to implement preventive measures to combat domestic violence against internally displaced women; enhance their role in identifying and helping those who have suffered or suffer from various types and manifestations of violence.
Project «Mobilization of internally displaced women for addressing domestic and gender-based violence» is planned for 36 months and includes the following elements:
- managerial and communication activities, development and implementation of procedures, policies, strategies, programs and instructions, monitoring and evaluation of impact, risk-management;
- activities, including research of the problem of domestic and gender-based violence;
- based on research results and expert opinions, the establishment of a steering committee of information campaign which will provide visibility of the project at all its stages;
- support and development of women’s initiatives for internally displaced people from ATO region, appeal to the needs of local communities, where displaced women suffer from domestic and gender-based violence; advocacy, consulting and technical support to active women’s groups before, during and after the realization of projects in target regions of Ukraine;
- rehabilitation for the victims of domestic and gender-based violence, enhancing life quality of a particular family.
In 2016, the AC “Socioconsulting” held a situational analysis using two study methods:
- Survey of internally displaced women (1003 structured interviews);
- Survey of experts (50 in-depth interviews)
A period to collect sociological data: May 13 – June 20, 2016.
Locations: Dnipro, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Kyiv, Luhansk, Odesa, Poltava, Kharkiv, Cherkasy oblasts (regions) and Kyiv city.
The study results were presented at the project’s steering committee during the press-conference at UNIAN (http://press.unian.net/press/1525519-71-vnutrenne-peremeschennyih-jenschin-hotya-byi-raz-v-jizni-stalkivalis-s-genderno-orientirovannyim-nasiliem-issledovanie.html), on air at Radio Svoboda, and at science conferences dedicated to issues of countering domestic and gender-based violence and IDP.